Website Straits Consulting Engineers Sdn. Bhd.
Inspector of Works (IOW) – C&S
Project: Buildings and facilities
- Review and understand the contract documents, including drawings, bill of quantities, specifications and conditions of contract.
- Report to the Resident Engineer (RE), who is the site supervision team leader, and perform site inspection of the contractor’s works, ensuring compliance with the contract documents (i.e., drawings, specifications)
- Supervise and witness all on-site testing of construction materials and factory inspection visits
- Check all materials and equipment delivered to the assigned project site to ensure conformation to the contract specifications
- Inspect the contractor’s works, staff and equipment to ensure the compliance of all Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) requirements required by the client and other authorities, including but not limited to housekeeping, workers’ safety passes, traffic control measures, equipment inspections, etc.
- Check the site diary and provide daily photo updates to the headquarters and the clients’ representatives on project activities
- Check all construction and installation works performed by the works contractors, and fill out inspection forms accordingly
- Support the RE in resolving issues related to traffic disturbance, public nuisance, coordination with authorities/other utilities and other social/environmental issues which may arise during construction
- Supervise the testing and commissioning (T&C) of all works, and obtain approval from the client for the T&C
- Review defects list and inspect corrective actions by the contractor to ensure compliance with the comments
- Any other relevant work which may be reasonable and pertinent to the role of IOW
- At least 10 years of supervision work, with a minimum of 7 years in industrial building works
- Experience with oil and gas building projects is a plus
- Minimum Diploma or relevant qualifications in Civil, Structural, Geotechnical Engineering or related field
- Registration as an IOW with the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) is a must
- Must possess or able to obtain CIDB Green Card, and the relevant NIOSH Safety Passport within one (1) month of appointment
- Able to demonstrate good technical and communication skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com