Website Straits Consulting Engineers Sdn. Bhd.
Senior Civil Engineer (Water Supply)
Vacancy: 1 opening
Project: Water supply and utilities
- Lead project team, including sub-consultants and sub-contractors (e.g., land surveyor, S.I contractor, quantity surveyor, etc.)
- Manage the project’s scope, design coordination, schedule, deliverables and budget.
- Liaise with the client and all relevant departments to understand project’s requirements and represent the firm in all meetings and discussions with the client, contractors, sub-consultants, authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Manage production and timely submission of all deliverables, including design drawings, reports, tender documents, etc.
- Produce construction contract documents, including drawings, bill of quantities, specifications, and conditions of contract.
- During construction, coordinate with the site supervision team and the contractor to ensure compliance with the contract documents.
- Monitor the contractor’s progress of works and prepare monthly progress and financial reports of proposed/assigned project implementation.
- Prepare meeting minutes, notes of discussions, and all relevant documents required on-site, and ensure proper organization/record-keeping of all site documents.
- Prepare the necessary permit applications, liaise, consult, and coordinate with approving authorities in connection with the implementation of the works, including the local authority’s (PBT) permits, JKR, JPS, utility corridor authority, utility companies, etc., ensuring continuous validity of the permits and adherence to their conditions
- Daily updates with the contractor , site supervision team and the clients’ representatives on project activities
- Review claims presented by the works contractor and draft the written recommendation to the client
- Resolve issues related to site and design matters during construction.
- Review work programs submitted by the contractor and prepare comments or recommendations accordingly
- Prepare the necessary paperwork for variation orders (V.O) and Extension of Time (EOT) recommendation to the client
- Review as-built drawings and make recommendations to the client on approval of such documents
- Prepare a defects list upon handing over to the client
- Any other relevant work which may be reasonable and pertinent to the role.
- At least 10 years of engineering design work, with a minimum of 5 years in water utility installation works in urban areas
- Experience with water supply projects is a plus
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Structural, Geotechnical Engineering or related field
- Registration with the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) is a must
- Must possess or able to obtain CIDB Green Card, and the relevant NIOSH Safety Passport within one (1) month of appointment
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Good writing and organizational skills. Experience with ISO QA/QC documentation procedure is a plus